Sunday, June 26, 2011

Prayers Please and Thank You!

Hello! I am writing tonight for multiple reasons. First and foremost to ask for your prayers. I have a scan tomorrow morning to make sure the cancer is still gone. I love these days and hate these days all at the same time. I love it when the news is good and I am reassured once more that God has healed me. I hate it for obvious reasons. I have been praying a lot in the last few weeks about tomorrow and I feel at peace with the outcome. It's hard not to let your mind wonder to places that it shouldn't, but I just keep telling myself that whatever happens God is still in control.

The same scripture has come up today a couple of different times and I can't help but think God really wants me to get this message today. It's in James chapter 1:2-4 and it says "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

I also want to thank everyone who came out yesterday morning for the Colon Screening for Life to support us. I don't know why I am continuously amazed at the love and support we have. Every now and then I find myself thinking that people have moved on with their lives and haven't necessarily forgotten about what we've been through, but may not feel like we need as much support as we once did. The truth is that we don't need the physical support like we did, but we are still mentally and emotionally going through it. Having people who still think of us and show their love and support means so much more than I can put into words. So to everyone who made the effort to get up early on a Saturday morning (some of whom drove a good distance) just to show us that we are still loved and thought of......THANK YOU!!! It meant so much to me that you were there! Here are a few pictures at the event.

 Getting Ready


 "Team Taba"

 Me and Tyan

 Mommy's Girl

Krista, Paula, Suzie and Me

It was a great event and I am so thankful that I was there to be a part of it! I can't wait to have an even bigger "Team Taba" next year!!!

We will let you know the results of the scan as soon as possible! Please, please keep praying! Thank you!!!

Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment