Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Hi there! I hope you all had a wonderful Father's Day. I'm going to be honest, it's never really been one of my favorite holidays. I wasn't fortunate enough to have a dad who played a major role in my life. He was pretty much an "every other weekend" kind of dad, until I was in high school and then he chose to remove himself completely from my life. Although, as strange as it sounds I know he loves me and I love him.

I don't tell you this to make you feel sorry for me. I tell you this because it actually makes me appreciate the father that my little girls have. I never really had the chance to be a daddy's girl, but my little girls have their daddy wrapped around their finger. He would do anything for them. I am so thankful that God put Josh in our lives.

We had a great day celebrating him. After church, we took him to lunch, a movie (although probably not the one he would have chose) and out for ice cream. It was a wonderful day! We are so thankful for all he does for our family!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, Taba, you are right ... Josh is a pretty amazing dad, husband and man!

    ReplyDelete