Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Three Years

Well, once again it's been a while since I've written a post. I couldn't let this day go by without reflecting on the past three years. I know some would say why even acknowledge what could very easily be deemed as the worst day of my life. However, if I've learned anything over this time it is to be thankful for every single moment. With this mind set, how could I not recognize the path that God has led my life starting with that very day three years ago. I think back to that dreary, rainy, dreadful day and it brings such emotion. Emotion that I hope I don't ever have to feel again. I can't explain how vulnerable and discouraged you feel when you are told that your chances of living for another 5 years are very, very slim. Especially when your sweet baby girls are just 4, 2 and 7 months old. I am very certain that I cried myself to sleep that night.

Today was a completely different kind of day. All day today, even before my feet touched the floor this morning, I thanked God for every experience I got to have. Every giggle, every hug, every time Mylee got up to bat at her softball game this evening.....not a single moment was taken for granted. I'm so very thankful to still be here to enjoy these sweet blessings. So here's to another 60 years of sweet blessings! Thank you God for healing me!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Taba - Have I ever told you that you are one of my heroes? Thank you for being vulnerable and sharing your thoughts, fears, hopes, and praise with us these past three years. You have inspired so many of us, but for me, you are an example to follow as I take my own journey in cancer land. You have never complained but you have always pointed to our wonderful Father who loves us and heals us! You always give praise and thanksgiving, in spite of the rushing thoughts of "what if's" that lurk in a survivor's mind. You are more than a survivor! You are a victor! And I know the key to that is faith, prayer (lots of them) and loving family and friends! I rejoice with you that you are cancer-free and able to enjoy the life the Lord has given you! I love you, sweet friend and hero!
    Nina

    ReplyDelete